Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Colorado Vacation



What a beautiful part of the world. My daughter and I flew out to Denver to spend some time with my sister and we did a lot of sightseeing. This is a picture of the famous Stanley Hotel up in Estes Park, Colorado. If you haven't been there it's a must. This hotel overlooks the Rocky Mountains and is just beautiful! Not to mention HAUNTED! This hotel is the place that Stephen King got his inspiration for the movie The Shining.
It is supposed to be haunted. They even give a "haunted" tour of the hotel, which we had to do. It was awesome and we got a ton of great pics. Anyway, yesterday when we developed the pictures we saw something interesting in the picture of Casey standing in front of the door where Stephen King stayed in and wierd things happened to him in there. It looks like a face on the door. Is this really a ghost or something? I can't explain it and am not too sure if I believe in ghosts but this picture is really creepy. What do you think?
Have you ever been there?  I guess I am trying to believe it's a ghost but I'm just not sure of it.
So, that's what we did last week and now on to more school planning. We start summer school next week for 2 weeks. It's more of a refresher for these kids.  Hope everyone is having a great summer. I've seen a ton of awesome units planned for the new year. Thanks to everyone for sharing them.  Have a great week!

No comments: