Friday, December 6, 2013

More Christmas AND An Amazing Teacher

 
I had the pleasure of going to dinner last night with one of my favorite bloggers, teachers, and friends. Erica Bohrer from Erica's Ed-ventures came to our town to conduct an inservice and I just had to attend. Not only did I get the chance to attend the inservice but some of our other wonderful teachers at my school and I  took her to dinner. I sure hope we didn't pick her brain too much. We had a wonderful night visiting with Erica. She is an amazing teacher with one great idea after another. Thanks, Erica, for spending time with us. You are welcome to Chicago and to visit our schools anytime!

 
Here is another awesome Christmas bulletin board. Our amazing second grade teacher saw this on Pinterest and recreated it. Soooo cute!!

 
Now, I'm not a huge fan of the Elf on the Shelf. However, I think it serves it's purpose for a little while and my firsties LOVE it. So with that said, I have to do it each year. Here is how we found him yesterday, playing Uno with the other animals of the room. My firsties love trying to figure out how he gets around the room. Don't you just hate it when you forget about it until the minute they walk in the room for the day and they realize he hasn't moved since yesterday? That tends to happen quite often for me. Next year I don't think I will start it at the beginning of December, maybe much closer to Christmas.
Now, off to bed to get an early start to the weekend.

1 comment:

Erica Bohrer said...

Thank you, I had an amazing time! Hope to see you all again.