Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Apples, Apples, Apples!

It's that time of the year. Apple season (one of my favorites). We started our unit and  so far so good. Yesterday we made this anchor chart together as they made their own and today we made apple KWL's.
Tomorrow we are going to graph our favorite's and then we'll do an activity using our five senses as well as eating our apples. Next week we will celebrate Johnny Appleseed. It's just a short unit to get the year started with.
Well, open house went great. I have another great bunch of kids as well as parents, this year. Since I teach at a catholic school we get a ton of support from the parents. I so appreciate that. One great idea many of our teachers do on this night is, we put up a "giving tree" on our boards, lockers, whereever there is room. We put leaves on it with items we go out all year and purchase ourselves. The parents are more than willing to take a leaf or two and send in those items. It's really a huge help, I'm sure you all know. Another theme was the helping hands. I've been doing this for 11 years now and have always had generous parents. Anyway, have a great rest of the week.

No comments: