Wednesday, May 15, 2013

When Life Gives You Lemons....


Now, I know I haven't been around for a loooong time and It kills me not to be blogging, but I have several good reasons. First of all it's prom season. Here's a great pic of my son and his girlfriend and some of their other friends. They all looked amazing. I can say that I didn't see one inappropriate dress this year. They were each more beautiful than the next one. You can't tell but it was in the low 50's and quite cold for these girls. Their school runs a well oiled machine when it comes to the prom. Each student who goes must get on the bus after the prom and go downtown Chicago to Navy Pier for an after party on one of the yachts. They are then brought back to the high school and must be picked up at 3:30 a.m by an adult. The kids had no time or means to get into any trouble. All of us parents are very greatful for all this planning. The kids had awesome time and loved the boat ride. We are very lucky to have Navy Pier close to us. So now we are on to graduation.





    Now among all the prom and graduation celebrations we had to throw in a heart attack and a blown out knee. The Saturday after Easter my husband had a heart attack and had three stents put in. He is doing much better and is going to cardia rehab. Then last Tuesday my son, (yes, the one in the prom pics) blew out his knee during a baseball game and will now have surgery on June 5th to rebuild the knee. Then on to rehab. This will make for a long summer vacation (for me).  I think by the time all their rehab is over I will be desperately  in need of therapy, on a beach with drinks in hand and with my very own cabana boy (of course).






I have managed to go to school and teach a lesson or two.  This is a homophone activity we did. I found these on Pinterest and mixed up a few ideas I found and this is what we came up with. The kids loved doing homophones. It's amazing how big of a list they came up with without my help. I have more pics of our summer bulletin boards and will be posting them soon. Thanks for stopping by and sharing all your wonderful blogs and freebies. 

No comments: