Saturday, July 20, 2013

Back to School Projects

 
 As many of you know (or may not know) we have been melting here in Chicago. The last few days has been in the high 90's with the heat index in the 100's. So I decided to use my indoor time wisely and get busy creating.  This upcoming school year is going to be a challenging one behavior wise for me. I have been scouring the blogs for classroom management ideas and wowie, wow, wow!! Everyone seems to be using the clip chart idea in their rooms. I have always used one very similar to this but the children only moved down and the well behaved kiddies weren't really acknowledged. This clipchart system sounds awesome and I am definitiely going to give it a try this year.


 
Here are two special banners I made for the room this year. The welcome banner was from Aimee over at Primarily Speaking and I used my cricut to create the other one. Our classrooms were painted this summer in this blue and yellow and I thought these would make a good color scheme for the year. I know the banner with my name and grade doesn't have a blue bow on the end, I ran out of ribbon and have to make another trip to Hobby Lobby, insn't that ashame!

 
After spending alot of time on Pinterest and seeing this picture frame I wanted to make one. Here is my frame I made using supplies from the Dollar Tree. It's amazing what they have for teachers. If you are in the market for baskets for your class they have an awesome selection of them. Now, if the heat continues I guess I will have to just make more for the room. Thanks for stopping by and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

No comments: