Friday, November 18, 2011

Mayflower boats and Trying to Catch My Breath!


I love how these boats turned out. I got the idea from First Grade Parade. If you need any great ideas check her out. I just love her blog! Back to the Mayflower, we started by reading a book about the Pilgrims and the Mayflower. Each child wrote a fact they learned on sticky notes and placed it on the anchor chart. After that we made the boats. Each page has a fact abou the boat. We are having a Pilgrim and indian feast with the kindergarten class on Monday so we will use these boats as the center piece. The kids are just loving all the November activities. We only have a day and a half next week. Parent conferences are Tuesday after the kids go home at noon. We do all the conferences in one day and then have the next day off. It sounds like a long day (and it is) but it's also nice to get them over with in one day. Anyway, I'm still busy taking classes for my masters in reading and it is soooo busy now. We've had some easy classes but now the work is piled on. On top of that our school is getting evaluated by the Archdioces in February and we have a ton of work to get done by January 1st. And, I still want to do all the wonderful projects and activities in my classroom. I feel like my head is spinning. I even woke up the other morning dreaming about guided reading books.
Unbelievable, huh! So I'm off to type up a lesson plan for my classes. Have a great weekend!

No comments: