Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Bring on the HEAT!!!


There is nothing like trying to teach when your classroom is 98 degrees.  Yep!  The temps here in Chicago are just crazy hot. So far, the day isn't over yet, the temps reached 95 degrees with heat index of 103. I'm sure some of you awesome teachers in Texas and other normally hot climates don't bat an eye at these temperatures. However, here in Chitown this is very hot for us. Our summer heat is usually in the high 80's. It always seems when it's time to return to the classroom the temps rise and we all get hot and crabby. AND, yes, many schools do have air condition but not mine. It's an old catholic school with lots of windows, that's it. This afternoon I took my class into the cool church for and hour or so and we did our work there. It was a great way to get them to work quietly. Many of our posters have already fallen in the classroom. I guess I won't put them back up until the heat breaks. When I walked out of the room to go home at 3:00 my thermometer in my room read 98 degrees and probably up more since I left. Anyway, hopefully this won't last long and we can get back to some work.  So pray for some cooler air. 

No comments: