Monday, August 19, 2013

Ready or Not, Here They Come

Finally my classroom is done and ready for a new batch of firsties. Tomorrow our first graders and kindergartners can come to school just to drop off their supplies, find their desks, and look around. We started this three years ago and what a differnce it makes on the first day of school. The kids aren't all asking what to do with their supplies and they know exactly where to go in the morning. If your school doesn't do this I highly recommend it. Anyway here are a few pics of my room. You will probably recognize quite a few things from blogs and pinterest. Let me know what you think!

 
Here is the bulletin board right outside my room. This idea came from one of my favorite blogs, Kacey over at Doodle bug teaching.



Here is a view from my doorway. Over the summer a group of moms and dads came in and painted all our walls. The walls were all white and now we love them. Each floor was painted different colors.
 
There is my small group area in the background . The sun can be a little blinding in our room.



This is opposite the classroom doorway. I have one of the oldest desks in the building and after they painted there was quite a bit of paint on the desk. So, I decided to cover it up with contact paper. What a difference it made.

 
 My Star of the Week board. I love how it looks. It looks better in person because I have star garland all around it and it's hard to notice in this pic.


 
Here is my new behavior chart. I searched all summer for a new plan and this is what I saw on most of the teachers blogs. Since they all swear by it I am going to give it a try.

 
My class library and meeting area.




 
The bare walls will soon be covered with student projects.

 
 It's hard to see but there are computers there too (a little blinding again)




This is the board across the hallway from my class. I just think it's so cute I had to share with you. So thanks for stopping by and checking out my room. Let me know what you think and I'd love to check out your room. 

Happy 1st Day!!

No comments: