Monday, March 28, 2011

Popcorn Adjectives, Yum, Yum!!

All my first graders ( and a lot of older kids in my school) know that popcorn is my favorite thing in the world to eat. I would pass up ice cream for popcorn. So when I saw this unit from Babblin Abbey over at the Inspired Apple I just had to have it. It was also good timing because we were going to be doing adjectives. We started by making microwave popcorn in the school kitchen and the smell permiated the whole school. The kids up on the second floor in the library could smell it. They knew exactly where it was coming from. Anyway, the kids really got the jist of adjectives with this wonderful project. If you are looking for an adjective activity this is perfect.
So, we are back from spring break and back in the swing of things. Usually we have break the week after Easter but since it's so late we decided to have it now and then have Good Friday and the day after Easter off. That'sfine with me because then it feels like a second break.
By the way, we still have the incubator and a dozen eggs. The kids can't wait for the eggs to hatch, which should be next Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed. Anyway, thanks for stopping by and have a great week!

No comments: